Resources For Families
Learning together as a family is the perfect way to educate children on the importance of becoming responsible environmental citizens.
Start with a conversation and then move into action
- It’s never too soon or too late to have a conversation with your children about the environment
- Talk to them about why it’s important to protect the environment. Don’t be surprised if they know more than you think!
- Ask them for suggestions about what your family can do to help the environment.
- Make a list of their suggestions and then implement new practices. Be sure to review the family’s progress each week.
- This summary of the plastic pollution problem can guide your family’s conversation about the environment. It includes brainstorming topics.
- Want to start helping the environment right now? Complete this household survey on the usage of disposable bags, bottles, and cups as a family project. Knowing your household’s habits reveal areas where positive changes can be made.
- See our list of recommended conservation books.
- Download the Family Learning guide for more tips, activities, and ideas.
You Can Help
Your simple actions can make a huge difference.
Spread the word about our mission to educate children, families and individuals about the environmental and health costs we pay for the convenience of using plastic products. #BagsForEducation #OneBagOneChild